Ifran is called “Little Switzerland”. No wonder why! When I arrived in the city I felt like in Eueope! Some interesting facts about Ifran:
1. It is one of the cleanest cities in the world and the cleanest one in Morocco!
2. Number of students in the city is around 4 times bigger than the number of inhabitants
3. It is one of very few cities in Morocco where the winter is very cold (-3’C) and it snows and gets dark early
4. Its architecture reminds me of Eastern Poland- it is probably the only city in Morocco with sloping roofs!
5. The city is quite expensive when it comes to souvenirs(students of Al Akhawayn University are very rich and they make 75% of city’s population) for example: price of Khamissa purses is twice higher than in Casa (fixed price)
6. The city is very green!
|Ait Vittel, forest and clean water|
© Bewildered in Morocco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published without permission, rewritten or redistributed.